What is Nakivo? NAKIVO Inc. is a privately-held software company that develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for VMware VM backup, replication, and recovery.
“Elite member of the VMware Technology Alliance Partner program, NAKIVO has close working relationships with VMware and is further aligned with VMware to promote the use of VM backup for virtualized server environments.”
“Over 1,700 software solution providers in 115 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific have joined NAKIVO Partner Program and offer NAKIVO data protection products to their SMB and Enterprise customers. NAKIVO has also strengthened its global presence by signing up distribution agreements with the leading software distributors across the globe, including Lifeboat Distribution (United States), Arrow ECS (EMEA), Zero One Technology (Taiwan), MPA (Australia), and Softline (CIS Region).”
Nakivo mainly is a Data Protection Solution for SMBs and Enterprises. Nakivo has been certified by VMware and has received the highest level of endorsement – the VMware Ready status for some of its products.
Until 2016 Nakivo only focused their Backup products in VMware Virtual Environments, but with the new version 7.0, Nakivo has extended its portfolio to Hyper-V Virtual Environments. So now Nakivo Backup & Replication can support the 2 major Hypervisors in the Virtual Infrastructure market.
Nakivo Backup & Replication provides VMware, and now Hyper-V, virtual server backup and replication to the SMB market with disaster recovery and business continuity features in Virtual Datacenters and Public Cloud providers (such as Amazon, Azure, Google, IBM, Rackspace, and many others).
Nakivo Backup and Replication can be deployed in differences systems. Like VMware Virtual Appliance, Install on NAS, Deploy as AWS AMI, Install on Linux, Install on Windows.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is designed to seamlessly plug into your virtual and cloud environments. You can choose an option that suits you best:
- Deploy as a VMware Virtual Appliance: Simply download a pre-configured VMware Virtual Appliance and import it in your VMware vSphere.
- Install on NAS: Create your own, high-performance VM backup appliance by installing NAKIVO Backup & Replication directly onto a Synology or Western Digital NAS!
- Deploy as AWS AMI: Instantly deploy NAKIVO Backup & Replication in Amazon Cloud from a pre-configured Amazon Machine Image.
- Install on Linux: Install NAKIVO Backup & Replication on a Linux OS by running a single command.
- Install on Windows: Run the installer for Windows and deploy NAKIVO Backup & Replication in a single click.
Nakivo Backup and Replication main features:
- VMware Backup
- Hyper-V Backup
- VMware Backup Copy
- VMware VM Replication
- Applications and Databases Support
- Automated VM Protection
- Flash VM Boot
- Instant File Recovery
- Instant Object Recovery
- Full VM Recovery from VM Backup
- Disaster Recovery with VM Replicas
Storage Space Reduction
- Global Data Deduplication
- Efficient Data Compression
- Network Acceleration
- Direct SAN Support
- Forever-Incremental Jobs
- Single-Click Integration with Amazon Cloud
- vCloud Director Support
- Integration with Various Public and Private Clouds
More information about The main features of Nakivo Backup & Replication, you can find HERE.
Nakivo now supports backups in Hyper-V (I will write an article about this in a couple of weeks) in the new release of v7.
Nakivo will also support in their new release VMware vSphere v6.5 and Skip Swap File.
Nakivo is a Web interface software tool It is very easy to work with and you can setup the backup environment in a few minutes/clicks. Nakivo works with web interfaces and provides us with easy to use the advanced VM protection features, also it has extensive reporting capabilities. Flash VM boot features provide the fastest VM recovery in the world.
Minimum requirements to install in a Windows Virtual/Physical Machine.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication can be installed on a virtual or physical machine with the following characteristics:
Director and Onboard Transporter:
- CPU: x86-64, 2 cores
- RAM: 4 GB RAM + 250 MB RAM for each concurrent job
- Free space: 1GB
- CPU: x86-64, 2 cores
- RAM: 2 GB RAM + 250 MB RAM for each concurrent job
- Free space: 1GB
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 Standard (x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (x64)
- Windows 10 Professional (x64)
- Windows 8 Professional (x64)
- Windows 7 Professional (x64)
- Ubuntu 12.04 Server (x64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 (64-bit)
- Synology DSM v5.2
- Synology DSM v6.0
- WD MyCloud firmware 2.10.302
Before you install NAKIVO Backup & Replication you should check that your Network has the following minimal network conditions:
- Latency (RTT): Up to 250 ms
- Packet loss: Up to 1%
- Bandwidth: 1Mb/s or higher
Top Reasons to Choose NAKIVO
- Affordable Pricing
Designed for virtualization and cloud, NAKIVO Backup & Replication enables you to save up to 50% on backup costs vs. legacy backup solutions, while delivering a better performance and reliability.
- Cost-saving and Time-saving Features
All editions of NAKIVO Backup & Replication include LAN-free mode, Network Acceleration, Global Deduplication, Instant Granular Recovery, Screenshot Verification, and Backup Copy features.
- All-in-one Data Protection
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is an all-in-one data protection solution, which provides a complete backup, replication, and recovery feature set for VMware and Amazon Cloud environments.
- Simple and Intuitive Solution
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is purely agentless, can be deployed in under 5 minutes, and provides a simple and intuitive Web interface, which can be accessed at any time and from anywhere.
- Outstanding Technical Support
Nakivo value your time and are there to help should you have any questions or require assistance.
Important for Professionals – Licensing: These type of licenses are for MUG members, VMware vExperts, VCP, VSP, VTSP, or VCI. Now you can receive a FREE two-socket Not For Resale (NFR) license of NAKIVO Backup & Replication for one year and use it in your home or work lab.
The NFR licenses are available for non-production use only, including educational, lab testing, evaluation, training, and demonstration purposes. This offer ends on March 31, 2017. Check HERE
- Nakivo Backup & Replication for VMware
- Nakivo Backup & Replication for Hyper-V
- Nakivo Backup & Replication for AWS EC2