VMware launched a couple of days a new update(update 2) for vCenter 6.0 and also ESXi.
What is new:
vCenter Update 2 Features:
- Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Protect the vSphere Web Client using the following form of authentication:
- RSA SecurID
- Smart card (That is the UPN based Common Access Card)
- Support to change vSphere ESX Agent Manager logging level: This release supports dynamic increase or decrease of vSphere ESX Agent Manager (EAM) logging levels without restarting EAM.
- vSphere Web Client support: vSphere Web Client now supports Microsoft Windows 10 OS.
- vCenter Server database support: vCenter Server now supports the following external databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1
- vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2 issues that have been fixed in this update Resolved Issues .
Also the import Know Issues for this release.
ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Features:
- High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G Ethernet link speeds.
- VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is an HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts.
Note: It can be used to perform administrative tasks to manage host resources, such as virtual machines, networking, and storage. The VMware Host Client can also be helpful to troubleshoot individual virtual machines or hosts when vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client are unavailable. More Information VMware Host Client Release Notes
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO) Enhancement:
- ESXi 6.0 Update 2 issues that have been fixed in the this update Resolved Issues
Also the import Know Issues for this release. ( a long list )