When creating an HCX Service Mesh, we can get this error, HCX – Unable to Create Service Mesh – NSX-T Only Overlay Transport Zone are supported.
This error means you are trying to use a vCenter vDS for your HCX Extended Network profile in the Compute Profile when using an NSX-T in your destination, which is not supported. You need to use an Overlay Transport Zone Network.
How to fix this error?
First, check your NSX-T and see the overlay Transport Zone network.
Next, edit your Compute Profile and change the network for the NSX-T overlay Transport Zone created on the vCenter and Finish the Compute Profile.
Next, Edit Mesh, Reconfigure, and redeploy Service Mesh as is explained in Error 1.
Afterward, you can use HCX Service Mesh and go to HCX migrations.
- How to install-pairing HCX Manager and Connector
- HCX – How to create Network and Compute Profiles
- How to create Service Mesh and Connect sites
- How to create Network Extension and migrate VMs(soon)
- … and more
- HCX Manager and HCX Connector DNS are not working after deploying
- HCX Login error access denied using the default SSO administrator
- HCX – Network Uplink Portgroup doesn’t have sufficient free IPs
- HCX – Unable to Create Service Mesh – NSX-T Only Overlay Transport Zone are supported
- HCX – IX appliance tunnel down – Service Mesh Service Pipeline status is down
Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.