Iperius Backup version 7.1 is out. Iperius Backup is Iperius primary backup product. This new release was launched on 24/07/2020.
In previous blog posts I have written a full review of this product.
Iperius Backup is an image-based backup solution. It can perform hot backups of VMware ESXi and Hyper-V virtual machines. Supporting Changed Block Tracking (CBT) can provide Incremental and Differential Backups.
The new version comes out in the Iperius strategy to update their Backup product to a more efficient product and user needs for a Backup tool. Particularly for Virtual Environments.
Main features for Iperius Backup v7.1
- Restore Hyper-V: now it is possible to perform the restore of single files also from incremental and differential backups (RCT)
- Single file restore from drive image: now the functionality has been merged with the single file restore interface from Hyper-V and VMware backups
- Hyper-V Backup: added option to decide whether to automatically add new virtual machines to the backup after the first configuration of the job
- Iperius Console: added periodic email notifications containing the summary job statuses and system alerts
- Iperius Console: improved the remote desktop connection through Iperius Remote
- Iperius Console: added the ability to run processes on remote computers
- Iperius Console: several improvements and optimizations
Iperius also support full backups in the following products:
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Email Servers: Microsoft Exchange 2010 (SP1), 2013, 2016
- Email Online: Exchange Online (Office 365)
Fixed bugs in this new version.
- Restore Hyper-V: a backup made by direct copy of the VM files was not correctly detected
- Ransomware file check: fixed some false positive errors in checking of some files coming from MAC systems
- Backup to Dropbox: fixed an error in downloading files
- Backup to Dropbox: fixed an error in uploading files larger than 150 MB (connection lost 10058)
Check all information about this new Iperius Backup v7.1 HERE.
As I stated before, in previous blog posts about this product, Iperius Backup is a very affordable solution for home labs and small or medium businesses.
Their significant advantage is that Iperius Backup is a simple tool that does its job reasonable with one perpetual license only for the full product and features. No core licenses are used in Iperius Backup. This is, in my opinion, one of their most significant advantages to other similar Backups products.
Full information about Iperius Backup and other products that Iperius company provides can be checked in HERE on the company site.
The company also has other products:
Iperius Remote: remote desktop software that can be a good alternative to Teamviewer (www.iperiusremote.com).
Iperius Console: an IT console to manage backups and endpoints in a centralized way (www.iperiusconsole.com).
Iperius Storage: a professional cloud storage service (www.iperiusstorage.com).
I hope this information was useful.
Note: Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.