NAKIVO had released yesterday (08/04/2020), a new version for their main product NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3, with support for Oracle DB. In this blog post about NAKIVO Backup & Replication launch v9.3 with support for Oracle DB, we will show some of the new features and improvements that were added to this new version.
In this new version, besides the support for ORACLE DB RMAN, NAKIVO also add some improvements in the backup tool.
After NAKIVO added the in the last version support for Office 365 (will have here a blog post in the next days testing how to backup and restore emails accounts and objects in Office 365 when using this feature) NAKIVO has added another DB support in their backup tool portfolio. This time a company like Oracle using its Recovery Manager tool.
What is ORACLE RMAN
RAM (Recovery Manager) is an Oracle Database client. This RMAN Oracle Client works as a tool backup for recovery tasks on Oracle DBs with automation for all backup tasks in Oracle DBs. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3 uses RMAN Oracle Client to back up, restore, and recover database files.
Nakivo is improving a lot their main product and launching a new version almost every couple of months. This NAKIVO Backup & Replication launch v9.3 with support for Oracle DB is the 4th version launched this year.
- 13/02/2020 v9.2 – Microsoft Office 365 support
- 03/03/2020: v9.2.1 – APTARE IT Analytics Integration
- 08/04/2020: v9.3 – Backup & Recovery for Oracle Databases Support
New Features in NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3.
Backup & Recovery for Oracle Databases
Protect your Oracle databases with NAKIVO Backup & Replication. The product allows you to back up and recover entire Oracle databases to the destination pre-configured in RMAN.
Improvements in this new version 9.3
- Separate licensing for physical servers and workstations
- Automatic retry of critical errors for failed jobs
- Editing of jobs while they are running
- Cloning of existing jobs
- Protection coverage reports in .pdf or .csv formats
- Failed machine protection reports
- Manual configuration of recovery point protection
- Viewing of recovery point types
- You can see an incorrect maintenance end date due to missing information in the old license. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an updated license.
- You may be unable to update from v7.2 and older due to missing information in the old license. Please contact email@example.com to obtain an updated license.
- It is possible to downgrade the Western Digital NAS package to an older version, which can lead to lost product configuration.
Check here how to update to Nakivo Backup & Replication v9.3. The update is very straightforward and does not need any special settings, it is just downloading and click to update.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v9.3 with support for Oracle DB
After you update your NAKIVO Backup & Replication to the new version, you will now have the new option to backup Oracle DBs using Oracle RMAN.
Note: I will write a blog post and test this new feature in the next weeks.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports backups of the following platforms:
- Nutanix AHV
- Amazon AWS EC2
- Physical servers
- Office 365
- New Oracle RMAN
NAKIVO can be installed in the following systems:
Nakivo is a Backup tool than can be installed in the Guest OS but also in several systems or use as an Appliance (in VMware, Nutanix, and AWS), but also in many NAS Storage Systems.
- Windows Server
- Linux Servers
- VMware Virtual Appliances
- Nutanix AHV Virtual Appliance
- NAS Storage devices
- Generic ARM-based NAS
- Western Digital MyCloud DL2100
- Raspberry Pi
- Amazon Machine Image for AWS EC2
You can double-check the full Nakivo release notes HERE.
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
- Datasheet: nakivo-backup-replication-datasheet.pdf
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
I hope this information was useful.
Note: Share this article if you think it is worth sharing.