Nakivo announced today their new Beta version for NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2.
This new NAKIVO Backup & Replication will have new features and some improvements.
- Asustor NAS Support: Install NAKIVO Backup & Replication on an Asustor NAS to create a high-performance VM backup appliance that combines backup software, backup hardware, backup storage, and data deduplication in a single cost-effective device.
- Log Truncation for Microsoft SQL: Automatically delete SQL transaction log files that could otherwise fill up all the free space and crash the entire server.
“Any Microsoft SQL Server tracks all database transactions (modifications) and records them as transaction log files, which are essential when it comes to data recovery. However, these log files grow over time and may eventually fill all of the available storage space causing the SQL Server crash, or loss of valuable data. The Microsoft SQL Log Truncation feature can automatically remove (aka truncate) transaction log files after a successful VM backup or replica is made. This prevents log files from growing while you have a copy of log files in the backup or replica, should you need to restore your database data.”
- Instant Object Recovery to Source for Microsoft SQL: Recover Microsoft SQL Server objects, such as databases and tables, directly to the source SQL server, a different SQL server, or export objects to a custom location.
“Microsoft SQL Server is one of the most popular databases and is often used to store business-critical data. These data may undergo undesirable changes for multiple reasons, be it due to accidental deletion, database corruption, repercussions of ransomware or other types of malware. The Instant Object Recovery for Microsoft feature allows you to easily recover individual SQL server objects, such as databases and tables, back to the source SQL Server (or a different server) directly from the deduplicated and compressed VM backups.”
Delete Log Truncation for SQL DB is a significant subject for customers that backup SQL DB with Nakivo. In the same product, now the possibility to restore SQL DBs, Tables are also very important for customers and SQL administrators.
Note: Plan to test this new SQL feature from Nakivo and write a review.
- Calendar Dashboard: View all jobs and their predicted duration in a calendar dashboard (much like meetings in a calendar application), as well as create new and manage existing jobs.
“NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2 adds yet another great feature – Calendar Dashboard. Now you can view all your jobs on a calendar (just like your meetings or tasks in a calendar application) and quickly find free slots in a backup window. This feature also enables you to schedule new jobs right from the calendar, provides a birds-eye view of all your jobs, and shows the duration of each of them. To make this feature even more useful, calendars are integrated right into the job wizard, so you can schedule a job right in the job wizard.’
A good idea from Nakivo with this feature we will have a good view of daily/weekly/monthly backups and easy to change or re-schedule any backup job.
- Flexible Job Scheduling: Add multiple schedules to a single job. This way, it will be possible to schedule a single job to run at different times, as required by the business needs.
“For your greater convenience, NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2 further enhances job scheduling, allowing you to add multiple schedules to a single job. This will allow you, for example, to run your jobs at night time on weekdays and at day time on weekends.”
This is a convenient option since we most of the times need to have different Backup Job times in different days. In my backups, I do re-schedule backup for different times/days.
You can find more information HERE
Register for v7.2 Beta now! All Beta program participants who fulfill the Beta program requirements will receive a gift card.
Get an Amazon Gift Card
Try NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2 Beta and get an Amazon gift card! To get a gift card, do the following:
- Install NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2 Beta.
- Add a VMware or Hyper-V server to the inventory.
- Create and run a backup job for a VM with Microsoft SQL and with SQL log truncation turned on, or perform SQL object recovery.
- Send the support bundle to email@example.com by July 21th, 2017.
- Provide your feedback by filling out a short survey.
For more information, read the v7.2 Promotion Terms and Conditions.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.2 will be officially launched in 18th of July.
Note: Share this article, if you think it is worth sharing.
Note: This post was sponsored by Nakivo Inc