A couple of days ago, Iprerius launched its new Iperius Backup 7.2.4. This is the second version that Iperius launched this year for this main backup tool with new features and improvements.
Since I do not publish an update about this product for some months now, I will add some of the main features that they have launched in the last months.
Iperius Backup 7.2.4 – Lauched in 11/03/2021
- Several improvements and optimizations
Iperius Backup 7.2.1 – Lauched in 26/02/2021
- Now the list of backup jobs also shows some info about the last backup: size, number of files, and time taken
- VMware ESXi Backup: Improved performance with the introduction of the NBDSSL transport method
- ESXi Backup: Enhanced snapshot for Windows virtual machines. Possibility to choose between VSS COPY (default) and VSS FULL mode
- Special Variables: \ INDIVIDUAL_SUBFOLDERS \ NEWEST_FILE_NAME or \ INDIVIDUAL_SUBFOLDERS \ OLDEST_FILE_NAME variables can now be used together
- Exchange 365 and EWS mode backup: introduced backward compatibility for Powershell 3.
Iperius Backup 7.1.5 – Lauched in 17/12/2020
- Backup to Amazon S3: added support for the “Africa (Cape Town)” region
- Exchange Online Backup (Office 365): Mailbox name is now added to the error list
- Hyper-V backup: improved the restore procedure with the block-cache mechanism
- Several improvements and optimizations.
Iperius Backup 7.1.3 – Lauched in 26/10/2020
- Exchange Online backup (Office 365): faster connection and faster listing of mailboxes
- Backup to S3: The maximum size allowed for a file is now 5TB and no longer 1TB
- MySQL backup: added new option to avoid locking of tables during a backup
- Improved graphic and functional aspect of the folder selection windows
- Several improvements and optimizations.
In this new version, Ipreius Backup 7.2.4, there were only some bug fixes and improvements. So nothing special to highlight in this version. But as we can check above, in the previous version, 7.2.1, there were some new features.
Check HERE the list of versions and all the new features and improvements for every version.
What are the main features of Iperius Backup?
As I stated in my previous blog posts about this product, Iperius Backup is an affordable solution for home labs and small or medium businesses. With the new features added since my latest reviews, this tool has grown, and even enterprise businesses can use it. Since Office 365, Cloud Storage, and other enterprise products are now included in this backup tool’s features.
It is a simple tool that does its job reasonably and with one perpetual license only for the full product and features. No core licenses are used in Iperius Backup.
A single, perpetual license can back up unlimited Hosts and VMs (no Per-Socket/VM/Host limit).
- Hot backup of ESXi, ESXi Free, vCenter
- Hot backup of Hyper-V, also from a different machine
- VM Replication from host to host and from datastore to datastore
- Incremental replication also on ESXi Free
- Compatible with vSphere ESXi Cluster
- Incremental and differential ESXi backup (CBT/VDDK)
- Backup to disk, network, Cloud, NAS, and LTO Tape
- Restore of ESXi and Hyper-V virtual machines also to different hosts
- Restore individual files
- Totally agentless – Backup from the network
- “Application Consistent” backups of Linux Virtual Machines with pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts
- Incremental and differential backup (RCT) of Hyper-V.
Iperius Backup is a tool that we don’t see much talk about inside the Community, but in my opinion, it is a tool that could have more publicity than it has today. It is a good tool that makes the job done (in this case, Backups) at a great price. And better yet, in the free version, you can backup your VMs without any issues.
If you don’t know this product, I recommend you download its trial, or free, version and give it a try. You will be surprised by how simple and useful it is. I wrote an Iperius Backup full review some time ago, but it shows you a bit of the feature and how easy it is to use this tool.
With Iperius Full Backup, you can:
- Backup your HyperV/VMware Infrastructures
- Backup your Databases(SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle)
- Backup to Google Drive, Amazon S3
- Do disk cloning and perform physical to virtual conversion (P2V)
- Backup FTP, FTPS, SFTP, Iperius Storage, and any S3 compatible storage
- Backup and Restore of Exchange Server and Exchange Online (Office 365).
Note: I plan to write another full review with the updated new features in the future.
Full information about Iperius Backup and other products that Iperius company provides can be checked in HERE on the company site.
Check other Iperius products:
Iperius Remote: remote desktop software that can be a good alternative to Teamviewer.
Iperius Console: an IT console to manage backups and endpoints in a centralized way.
Iperius Storage: a professional cloud storage service.
I hope this information was useful.
Note: Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.