NAKIVO launched a new version for its main Backup product, New NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.1.
Before this v10.1, NAKIVO also had a previous version 10.0.1 launched a month ago. That version was just some minor bug fixes, mainly, Skip unused blocks feature in v9.4.
In this new version, these are the new features included:
Backup and Recovery of Microsoft 365 OneDrive
With this new feature, NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.1 can now Backup and recover the entire Microsoft 365 OneDrive. Customers can backup the full OneDrive or folder/files individually.
Microsoft 365 OneDrive is one of the user Cloud Drive most used in companies. Particularly in this home-office time, many companies are using Microsoft Teams (since the initial Zoom security issues where they lost a lot of customers). This means that home-office OneDrive is on top of companies that use Microsoft products (like 365 or Teams).
So NAKIVO, by adding this new feature for OneDrive Backus is reaching more customers and market share.
In this version, when you had your Microsoft 365 account to your NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.1, it will automatically discover any OneDrive in that account and his added to the jobs of your Microsoft 365 backups schedule and will be processed in the next run.
Backup to HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Integration
Using HPE StoreOnce Integration, customers will achieve faster backups and better deduplication from the source. Meaning that HPE StoreOnce Storage will only store deduplicated backups by using
When using HPE StoreOnce Catalyst for your Backup Repository, you get the following advantages:
- Reduction in network bandwidth as only unique chunks of data are transferred
- Lower physical storage space requirements with data deduplication
- Better backup copy job performance between HPE StoreOnce storage devices.
- HPE StoreOnce 3.18.18
- HPE StoreOnce 4.2.3
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication installed on Windows x64 and Linux x64 machines must have HPE StoreOnce Catalyst API Library.
- Other changes in this NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.1.
vSphere v7.0 support improvements
- Removed Features
FreeNAS v11.2 is no longer supported.
All information and features about the new NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.1 you check in the release notes HERE.
Download a trial version or download it to update your NAKIVO from HERE.
With a licensed per user (with a 10 user minimum), NAKIVO Backup & Replication offers very attractive pricing for Office 365. Contact NAKIVO and request a quote for your environment.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports backups of the following platforms:
- Nutanix AHV
- Amazon AWS EC2
- Physical servers
- Office 365
- Oracle RMAN
- Amazon S3
- Wasabi Cloud
NAKIVO can be installed in the following systems:
Nakivo is a Backup tool than can be installed in the Guest OS but also in several systems or use as an Appliance (in VMware, Nutanix, and AWS), but also in many NAS Storage Systems.
- Windows Server
- Linux Servers
- VMware Virtual Appliances
- Nutanix AHV Virtual Appliance
- NAS Storage devices
- Generic ARM-based NAS
- Western Digital MyCloud DL2100
- HPE StoreOnce Catalyst
- Raspberry Pi
- Amazon Machine Image for AWS EC2
- NAKIVO Office 365: https://www.nakivo.com/office-365-backup/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
- Datasheet: nakivo-backup-replication-datasheet.pdf
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
I hope this information was useful.
Note: Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.