Vembu plans to launch soon is a new version for their product Vembu BDR Suite. A new Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 will be out soon.
Vembu adds some new features and improvements in this new future version.
These are some of the features and enhancements that we will find in the new Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 will be out soon.
- Hyper-V Cluster backup: Backup VMs inside a Hyper-V Cluster even the VM is move between Hyper-V Server inside a Cluster. Backup will continue to work during the migration without any interruption.
- Shared VHDx backup: Vembu will support backup Hyper-V shared disks (VHDx ).
- CheckSum based incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for some CBT failure cases, we will be using CheckSum for the incremental to happen without any interruption.
- Credential Manager: Vembu Credential manager will allow credentials management off host and VMs on that host.
- Where it was left off for Vembu ImageBackup: In Vembu ImagBackup, if the backup job gets interrupted due to network failure, it will resume from where it was left off.
- Improved proxy functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- Virtual hardware selection: You can now configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter.
- Improved Hyper-V live recovery: During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V, a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- Improved Application-aware for Hyper-V Backups: For all Hyper-V VMs, you can individually select the VM to which you want to enable Application Aware processing.
- Abort Offsite Replication: You can now abort the replication job from the Vembu OffsiteDR server.
- ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an OffsiteDR server.
- Quick VM Recovery report: You will get a report for Quick VM recovery process with details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
- API’s to fetch storage details: The new set of APIs is designed to give a detailed report on storage utilization like the size of the VM, storage space utilized by a backup job, compression rate, etc.
- VM disk inclusion: Previously, after the initial full backup, the newly added disk of the VM is backed up only on the next additional full backup. From v4.0, the newly added disk will be backed up along with the successive incremental.
When this new version and with this new features and some useful improvements, Vembu will improve their product with excellent features.
The Hyper-V Backup improvements is a good step by Vembu so that their Backup tool can continue to be recognized in the market as a good tool.
As always I do for Virtual Backup Tools that I follow after the product is officially launched, I plan to test the product and provide a full detail review.
“Vembu BDR Suite is a portfolio of software products that cater to the backup and disaster recovery needs of organizations. It helps in protecting their data hosted in both physical or virtual environment. The products under the Suite address the data protection needs of organizations of any size – from a simple IT setup of the small and medium businesses to the highly sophisticated data centers. It is also optimized for Service Providers looking to provide BaaS and DRaaS to their customers.
The products under the Suite can be deployed flexibly in any location like on-premise, offsite and the Cloud. The centralized monitoring and management portal also makes it very easy to monitor and manage large deployments with minimal effort.”
You can read more about Vembu BDR Suite for Virtual and Physical Environments HERE.
Note: Share this article, if you think it is worth sharing.