Veeam Availability Suite v10 RTM released. For now, the RTM is just for Veeam Partners; the full customer v10 version is planned to be launch in 2 weeks.
You can follow HERE the countdown for the official release of Veeam Availability Suite v10 (Veeam Backup & Replication v10 and Veeam ONE v10).
If you are a Veeam Partner, you can download the new RTM from your partner page. Enter the password provided by your pro-partner email from Veeam, and you can download the new Veeam Availability Suite v10 RTM released.
Veeam Availability Suite including the following benefits:
- Instant Recovery for Instant Business Agility.
- Data recovery and migration made easy with instant recovery of ANY Veeam backup to VMware vSphere.
- Seriously Powerful NAS Backup.
- New capabilities that redefine NAS data protection to deal with the world of massive file data.
- Data stays safe. Ransomware stays OUT.
- 100% ransomware-proof backups with S3 object lock functionality and immutable backups.
The new Veeam Availability Suite v10 has more than 150 new features and improvements.
Many of the features have been added in the last year trough the Veeam Backup & Replications updates (latest is Update 4).
A quick view of some of the new features and what is new in Veeam Availability Suite v10 RTM.
- Built-in Management for Agents ((Veeam Agent for Linux and Microsoft Windows).
- Veeam ONE: Built-in Agent Reporting (included in the Suite).
- Linux Veeam Proxies.
- Archive Tier of Scale-Out Repository.
- AWS S3/Swift, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure Blob Storage.
- Deduplication Tape Appliance, Physical Storage, Tape.
- NAS Backup support.
- Scalable SMB/NFS backups.
- Flexible data protection through short and long-term retention policies.
- Out-of-place restore to easily restore SMB/NFS files to any target.
- New logic of file revisions & long term retention.
- New Data Integration API with new features.
- Data mining, Data classification, , Security analysis, eDiscovery, Data forensics.
- Veeam CDP (Continuous Data Protection).
- Support for Oracle RMAN/RAC.
- Extended Role-Based-Access.
Veeam also has now a new license model. Even is not bound to the new v10, is in place since last update 4 and customers need to decide if they want to stick with the old license model(per socket) or now with the new Veeam Universal License (VUL) per instance (each backup object is now an instance license).
Talk to your re-seller to check how to convert your licenses into the new model.
Some technical information’s about v10.
To upgrade your previous Veeam Backup Replication, you need to have minimum update 3. If not, you need to do a new fresh install of v10.
How to upgrade to v10.
In-place upgrade is supported from 9.5 U3 or later, except from v10 pre-release builds.
System Requirements for the new v10.
Changes from 9.5 Update 4:
- Dropped VMware ESXi 5.0 and 5.1 support (5.5 is still supported).
- Dropped VMware vCloud Director 8.x support (8.20 is still supported).
- Dropped Windows Server 2008 support (2008 R2 SP1 is still supported).
- Dropped Windows 10 1507 and 1511 support (Windows 10 1607 or later are still supported)
- Dropped Windows 8.0 support (Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1 are still supported).
- Dropped Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP support for all guest processing (only crash-consistent backup is now possible).
Veeam Availability Suite v10 is here! In 15 days, it will be globally available. This week is already available for customers trough Veeam Support.
To receive updates about v10 and watch the official release event, register HERE to get all the information about the new v10 and receive a message when is available.
I hope this information was useful.
Note: Share this article if you think it is worth sharing.