Veeam has launch also a new update to is Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0.
This new Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0 Update 2, will fix some issues(over 300 enhancements and bug fixes) that we all notice in the last year. Also some improvements.
Support now for this products/versions
- Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series support for Direct NFS backup mode.
- EMC Unity support for Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots functionality.
- EMC Data Domain DD OS 5.7 support for DD Boost integration.
- ExaGrid 22.214.171.1241.P28 is now the minimal ExaGrid firmware version supported.
- NetApp Data ONTAP 8.3.2 support. (this one is very important for us)
- VMware vCloud Director 8.10 support.
- VMware VSAN 6.2 support. (this one is very important for us)
Improved iSCSI target performance (iSCSI target is used to mount backup remotely in certain file-level and item-level recovery scenarios).
iSCSI mount operations are now retried automatically to workaround occasion “The device is not ready” errors which happen when mount operation takes too long. By default, the mount is retried 6 times every 10 seconds. To change the number of retries, create IscsiMountFsCheckRetriesCount (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key on the backup server.
Note: Since I have found some issues and iSCSI performance, this is also a good improvement and will return to this 2 items in the future when I properly test them.
From the list that I have read, this are the most important for our environments and costumers.
Before apply the update please read this:
Ensure that Veeam service account has the db_owner role on the Veeam configuration database, so that the required database updates can be made during the first service start up after update. Additionally, either give Veeam service account the sysadmin role on the SQL Server hosting the configuration database, or just the right to view system table content (
GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE TO "DOMAIN\ACCOUNT"). All of the above-mentioned roles and rights can be revoked after update is completed.
All information about this new update you can read here: https://www.veeam.com/kb2147
Hope this can help.
Note: Share this article, if you think is worth sharing.