Veeam launched today the new Update 1 for their product Veeam Availability Console. The new update has new features and many improvements to Veeam Availability Console.
What is Veeam Availability Console:
Veeam Availability Console is a cloud-enabled platform for centralized management and monitoring of data protection operations and services. The solution is intended for physical and virtual environments protected with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows (further referred to as Veeam backup agent) and Veeam Backup & Replication.
Veeam Availability Console allows service providers to deliver Veeam-powered Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) services to their customers.
For client companies that act as backup service consumers, Veeam Availability Console offers a Client Portal. The Client Portal is a private workspace for client company users where they can perform self-service tasks, without contacting the provider of backup services.
The Client Portal can be used by companies that:
- Have their Veeam backup agents managed in Veeam Availability Console
- Have their Veeam Backup & Replication installations managed in Veeam Availability Console
- Store backups and replicas created with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication in the cloud that is powered by Veeam Cloud Connect
Veeam Availability Console is a FREE, cloud-enabled management platform built specifically for service providers.
More information Veeam Availability Console HERE.
What is new in Veeam Availability Console Update 1:
Veeam added not only new features to manage your Cloud environment, but also some new security groups that allow new users to operate your Cloud with more security. Improving Veeam Backup and monitoring is also some of the new improvements that we can encounter in this latest update.
- Enhanced support for Veeam Agents
- New user security group
- ConnectWise Manage integration plugin
- Improved Veeam Backup & Replication monitoring
- New backup policy types
- Alarm for tracking VMs stored in cloud repositories
- Improved support for Veeam Agents deployed via third-party tools
- Improved sub-tenant management
- RESTful APIs enhancements
- Scalability enhancements
The Scalability of Veeam Availability Console ensures optimal operation and performance when managing up to 10,000 Veeam Agents and up to 600 Veeam Backup & Replication servers, protecting 150-200 VMs and Veeam Agents each.
To get started with these new features of Veeam Availability Console, download the latest update today — it’s FREE!
Note: Share this article, if you think it is worth sharing.