Vembu has launched a new version of their Backup tool. This quick Vembu BDRSuite v5.2 is Generally Available Now; I will show the main features included in this new version.
Vembu recently launched v5 and v5.1, where their focus was on replication and simplifying the GUI and on clustering and object storage(particularly multi-cloud).
In this new version, Vembu added Restore to Microsoft Azure, one of the main features, and tried to simplify the backup and restore process for their customer and their MSPs.
What is new? Main features:
Restore to Microsoft Azure
BDRSuite now allows restoring the VMware VMs, Hyper-V VMs, Windows Servers & Windows Workstations backups to Microsoft Azure. You can initiate the restore directly from your BDRSuite Backup Server or Offsite DR Server.
BDRSuite 360 Server
The BDRSuite 360 Server enables customers and service providers to monitor the backup activity of the BDRSuite Backup Servers deployed on their customer locations across multiple sites from a centralized web-based console.
The multitenancy architecture of BDRSuite is redesigned to support advanced use cases of MSPs. You can now create multiple tenants and allocate one or more entities to each tenant. Every tenant will get multiple user roles to monitor and manage all the entities added under them.
Enhancements in BDRSuite v5.2
- Improved application creation steps to add Microsoft 365 accounts to BDRSuite
- On-demand backup scheduling for Microsoft 365 backups
- Enhanced backup progress window for Microsoft 365 backups
- Enhanced backup report for Microsoft 365 backups
- Subfolder tree view for Microsoft 365 Mailbox
- Subfolder tree view for OneDrive
- Subfolder tree view for Group OneDrive
- User-level backup report for Microsoft-365
- PST Download of Microsoft 365 now supports all Microsoft Outlook versions
- On-demand backup scheduling for Google Workspace backups
If you plan to upgrade to the new version, please follow the document on how to upgrade and the upgrade path.
Note: I am a bit busy at the moment, but I plan to test all these new features and write a blog post about them.
All details about the new version can find it HERE.
- Release notes: https://www.bdrsuite.com/vembu-bdr-suite-release-notes/
- Download page: https://www.bdrsuite.com/vembu-bdr-suite-download/
Other Products and Services provided by Vembu.
Check also the Free versions and what is included in each one.
- Free VMware Backup with Vembu BDR Suite
- Free Hyper-V Backup with Vembu BDR Suite
- Free Vembu Backup for AWS
- Free Backup for Microsoft 365
- Free Backup for Google Workspace
- Free Backup for Endpoints
- Free Backup for Windows Workstation
Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.