This week Vembu release a new version for their Vembu BDR Suite v3.7.0 with some new features (improvements in backup scalability and performance, Multitenancy Support, migrated to a full PostGreSQL Database and replacing MySQL and MongoDB ) and also many improvements in the GUI.
Also Vembu announced their most popular Backup tool with a free edition, Vembu Backup Disaster Recover Suite free edition.
“How it Works
Vembu BDR Suite comes with a 30 days of free trial with no restriction to any of its features and after the 30 days trial period the user must purchase the licenses to continue using all the features or else the user can opt for the free edition of Vembu BDR Suite to continue using it with some feature restriction.”
Vembu BDR Suite Free Edition works in both virtual and physical environments without license costs forever. As recommended by VMware for all Backup Tools, it works with agentless backups for virtual environments.
Main features when using this free edition are:
- Is suitable for both virtual environments like VMware, Hyper-V and also for physical servers, workstations, thus catering to all types of data centers
- It works without any need of a license forever. After the trial period (30 days), customer can continue to use the free edition without the need of any extra license.
- This free edition works without any restriction in any of features (in the 30 days trial period) and can perform full image backup and recovery of both physical and virtual machines, granular recovery of files, folders and applications.
- Vembu’s own filesystem, VembuHIVE brings in-built compression, version control, encryption and error correction for efficient storage management.
- Customer can backup unlimited VMs and physical servers since there is no free edition license restrictions and can be use in Test Environments, but also in Production infrastructures.
Check here to check differences between Free vs Paid Edition
Looking at the document you can decided if free edition if adequate for your company needs, or need the Paid Version (with more features and better RPO / RTO for your SLAs).
Can be used to Backup the following Infrastructures:
- Free VMware Backup using Vembu VMBackup
- Free Hyper-V Backup using Vembu VMBackup
- Free Windows Servers Backup using Vembu ImageBackup
- Free Windows Workstations Backup using Vembu ImageBackup
- Free File Backup of Workstations using Vembu NetworkBackup
- Free File Backup for Workstations to cloud using Vembu OnlineBackup
Note: Click in each section for more detail information about the Free Backup for each Infrastructure.
Check Vembu site for more information and download the product HERE.