The site vSphere-Land from Eric Siebert started the voting for the best Virtualization Blog for 2016. Like every year, Eric site promotes a voting to the best vBlog in the Virtualization blogosphere.
Is the first time that this blog www.provirtualzone.com and I is in the Eric blog voting thevpad.com list and will participate in this voting.
This year Duncan and Frank, from www.yellow-bricks.com and www.frankdenneman.nl will not participate. Duncan and Frank are two of the TOP bloggers for the last years, and two of my favorites bloggers that I voted in the last years.
But blogging takes a lot of time and effort and with both with new job positions, could be that their time to blog is for sure less.
I know the feeling since I am always fighting for time myself. Between a full-time job (that consumes me a lot of my daily hours), family and just free time with friends, the time to write good and quality articles is always a fight. Most of the articles that I would like to write, more than 50% I simply can’t. Since I don’t have the time to write articles with the proper detail, quality and tests that I like to put in this type of articles.
In my articles waiting list, I have around 20 articles that are on hold (particularly from vSAN, Flash Storage, Veeam, and Backups), but always postponing and try to pick some of that list every month.
So back to the vBlog voting, if you think my blog is useful and have good articles and good information regarding Virtualization environment, then please cast your vote. Since this is the first time for this blog, you will find this blog at the bottom (by alphabetic order) with the name Pro Virtual Zone. But you can just search by author name Luciano Patrao.
The sections that I am listed to vote are:
- Best 2016 vBlog
- Best new 2016 vBlog
- Best 2016 Independent Blogger
We will need to choose your 12 favorite blogs from the blog list thevpad.com.
There is, of course, hundreds of virtualization blogs on the internet. Some with excellent content and not so known, so this is the time you to vote for your favorites vBlogs and give a change to all the bloggers to have their work recognize.
The voting process will end 30/06.
Some quotes from Eric regarding blogs and the vBlog voting process.
Type of blogs/bloggers:
- Longevity – Anyone can start a blog but it requires dedication, time & effort to keep it going. Some bloggers start a blog only to have it fall to the wayside several months later. Things always come up in life but the good bloggers keep going regardless of what is happening in their life.
- Length – It’s easy to make a quick blog post without much content, nothing wrong with this as long as you have good content in the post that people will enjoy. But some bloggers post pretty long detailed posts which takes a lot of time and effort to produce. The tip of the hat goes to these guys that burn the midnight oil trying to get you some great detailed information.
- Frequency – Some bloggers post several times a week which provides readers with lots of content. This requires a lot of effort as bloggers have to come up with more content ideas to write about. Frequency ties into length, some do high frequency/low length, some do low frequency/high length, some do both. They’re all good and require a lot of time and effort on the bloggers part.
- Quality – It all comes down to whats in the blog post regardless of how often or how long the blog posts are. After reading a blog post if you come away with learning something that you did not previously know and it benefits you in some way then you know you are reading a quality post. Good quality is usually the result of original content, its easy to re-hash something previously published elsewhere, the good bloggers come up with unique content or put their own unique spin on popular topics.
– You must pick 12 of your favorite blogs and then rank them in your order of preference after you pick your 12. The results will be weighted with a #1 ranking getting 12 points and a #12 ranking getting 1 point. Point totals will be tabulated and from them the top blogs will be determined.
– The current top 100 blogs are listed first with their current ranking and the remaining blogs are listed on the ballot in alphabetical order. So please go through the whole list when making your choices.
– Again this year we also having voting in special categories to help distinguish certain types of blogs. The categories are independent of the general voting so first pick and rank your top 12 overall favorite blogs and then choose your favorite blog in each category (not required but encouraged).
To vote go to voting page, and then click in the vote icon HERE.