Vembu just launched a new version of their main backup product, Vembu BDRSuite v5.3.
I discussed HERE the latest version v5.2 and what was new on that version, but after a couple of months, Vembu released a new version with the new features.
What is new? Main features:
- File Server Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
You can now add Windows and Linux file servers to the Data Source and configure file & folder level backup from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The backup agents can be automatically pushed from the backup server or manually installed on the required servers. This feature allows you to manage the backup & recovery of a large number of machines from the centralized BDRSuite Backup Server.
- Endpoint Backup from BDRSuite Backup Server UI
Now, you can configure File & Folder Backup of many Windows & Linux Endpoints directly from the BDRSuite Backup Server console. The agents can be manually installed on the target system or pushed automatically. Also, you can add multiple endpoints in bulk using the CSV file.
- Azure Blob as Backup Repository
Primary backup data and backup copy data can now be stored in Azure Blob storage directly.
With this new feature, you can send your backups or a backup copy directly to Azure Blob Storage. Using this Storage object Cloud feature, customers now have another repository to store their primary backups.
- Active Directory Integration
BDRSuite Server now integrates with Active Directory for user management. You can import and add AD/LDAP users to the BDRSuite Backup Server and grant them different levels of access to the BDRSuite Backup Server.
You can now manage your BDRSuite with your AD users and groups. This option allows you to add users and/or groups permissions from your AD.
- Integrity Check on VMware ESXi Server
You can now run the automated boot test on VMware ESXi hosts to confirm the recoverability of the backup machines.
Vembu now provides the option to test your backups on your environment. This new feature ensures that your backups are ready to be used when you need to restore them.
- Backup data retention for deleted/excluded VMs
- Performance improvements in the server rebuild process
- Backup support for the Microsoft 365 accounts enabled with Multi-Factor Authentication(MFA)
- Parallel backup processing of Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace users
- Option to exclude Microsoft 365 mailbox folders from backup
- Breadcrumbs view for SharePoint site & Teams data restore
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in EML format
- Download Microsoft 365 mail data in MBOX format
- Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace mail recovery based on time range
- Search option for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace emails during the restore
- Parallelly initiate PST export for multiple Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace user’s mail data
- Logs download for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace backups
- Enhanced backup progress window for Google Workspace backup
- Tree view for Google Drive data restore
- Enhanced report for Google Workspace backups
Note: If you plan to upgrade to the new version, please follow the document on how to upgrade and the upgrade path.
All details about the new version can find it HERE.
- Release notes: https://www.vembu.com/vembu-bdr-suite-release-notes/
- Download page: https://www.vembu.com/vembu-bdr-suite-download/
- Update Guide: https://www.vembu.com/pdf/release-notes/vembu-bdr-automatic-software-update.pdf
Other Products and Services provided by Vembu.
Check also the Free versions and what is included in each one.
- Free VMware Backup with Vembu BDR Suite
- Free Hyper-V Backup with Vembu BDR Suite
- Free Vembu Backup for AWS
- Free Backup for Microsoft 365
- Free Backup for Google Workspace
- Free Backup for Endpoints
- Free Backup for Windows Workstation
Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.