Last week I attended Veeam Backup & Replication V11: Architecture and Design v11 (VMCA 2022) training provided by Veeam. Why Veeam Certified Architect 2022 course is a must for all Senior and not Senior Veeam professionals? I will explain in the following lines.
First would like to thank Veeam for allowing me to attend this excellent training using the Veeam Vanguard program. So this training(and certification) was offered to Veeam Vanguard and Veeam Legends members. Thanking particularly to Nikola to add me to the course even was in a different time zone.
It was not easy to attend this training for two days since I had a huge cold and was after hours(US time zone) and finished past midnight. But when you do what you like and want to improve your skills, you make sacrifices 😉
Veeam Certified Architect 2022 is a mix of theory and exercises to prepare you for the VMCA certification, and this training was presented online with Zoom. I am not a big fan of online training since I like the class training because we have more “freedom”, more interaction with others and the instructor.
But in this case, with the “private” chat teams rooms, we were able to interact, make magic happen, and do our tasks successfully. It was not so bad to use Zoom for this particular course.
About Veeam Certified Architect 2022 training
When attending this training, you will learn the Veeam Architecture Methodology used by Veeam’s own Solution Architects. With team exercises, designs, and decision making when designing a Veeam Architectural environment.
The VMCA is the Veeam Certified Architect, the second and highest Veeam certification after the VMCE. While the VMCE is more focused on technical topics, the VMCA is all about designing the backup solution and learning the “Veeam Architecture Methodology”.
The main objective of this training are:
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
• Design and architect a Veeam solution in a real-world environment
• Describe best practices, review an existing infrastructure and assess business/project requirements
• Identify relevant infrastructure metrics and perform component (storage, CPU, memory) quantity sizing
• Provide implementation and testing guidelines in line with designs
• Innovatively address design challenges and pain points, matching appropriate Veeam Backup & Replication
features with requirements
The course is divided into 6 segments.
- Discovery – Learn how to analyze the existing environment.
- Conceptual design – Learn how to review the scenarios discovered from the Discovery phase and create a high-level design and data flow.
- Logical design – Learn how to use VBR Requirements and calculate and sizing, Storage, CPU, Memory of all VBR components.
- Physical/tangible design – Learn how to apply and convert all the information gathered and apply it to physical design.
- Implementation and Governance – Learn how to review all your physical and implementation plans.
- Validation and Iteration – We learn to test your design and scenario modifications in this final segment.
The course has a lot of information to learn and how to implement it in real-life scenarios. Even though I consider myself a Senior Veeam Profissional, I learned some new stuff and had a different perspective of a backup infrastructure design and how to implement it. Particularly in sizing to allocate the present scenarios and preparing for future environment growth.
Disclaimer: You need to know some good math for some of the designs or use some online tools for that math, like Restore Point Calculator or a new one(for me) that I did not know, Wolframalpha. Both tools provide great help to finish our designs and projects and are a great help in the certification exam.
You will learn how to apply those numbers(like storage repository) needed to store all Full and incremental backups during the year, how to do the same for building/sizing your Veeam Proxies.
Suppose you are designing, implementing Veeam Infrasctruectures for potential clients/customers, or plan to do so in the future. Learn the methodologies and the principles to do that, including being a certified Veeam Architect. In that case, this two-day course is full of helpful information to apply in your daily work or plan to do that in the future.
“The VMCA 2022 demonstrates the high level of knowledge and expertise required to design, deploy, and optimize data protection architecture with Veeam Availability Suite. Holders of the VMCA 2022 can be trusted to design large scale/enterprise deployments and manage multiple customers in on-site, off-site, and hybrid environments.”
Veeam Backup & Replication V11: Architecture and Design course is a great course and, as I said in the beginning, is a must for every Veeam Profissional.
Also to have the opportunity to attend this type of course(this one and others) and one more reason to apply for Veeam Vanguard. Applications are open for 2022.
Kudos to my course team for dialing with my cold while finishing our team tasks.
Final word for the course instructor, Chris Huss, great instructor.
Some documentation and information about Veeam Backup & Replication V11: Architecture and Design course and certification.
- Veeam Certification
- Veeam Backup & Replication V11: Architecture and Design
- VMCA 2022 Exam Specification Guide
- What is a Veeam Certified Architect, and how do I become certified?
And that is wrap up about Veeam Backup & Replication V11: Architecture and Design v11 content and why you should attend, and why it is a must.
Share this article if you think it is worth sharing. If you have any questions or comments, comment here, or contact me on Twitter.